The MuxLab Multimedia 16×16 Matrix Switch System is a modular AV switching platform that converts and switches a wide range of digital and analog AV inputs to HDMI via HDBaseT over Cat5e/6 cable. The switch features an 8-slot chassis that allows up to four 4-port input modules to be switched to up to four 4-port output modules for a maximum switching capacity of 16×16. The Matrix Switch is managed via front panel controls, RS232, USB, web server interface, and third party drivers and features dual-redundant power supplies for ease of service. The Matrix Switch works with the 500451-Rx HDBaseT receiver to convert all HDBaseT transmissions back to HDMI.
The Multimedia 16 x 16 Matrix Switch Supports Control4!
The Control4 driver allows the matrix switch to integrate with Control4 home automation and commercial AV systems via RS232 and LAN. It interfaces with Control4’s touchscreen interface and media controllers to allow AV sources to be switched to any HDMI display via a single user interface.
Part Description and Model #
- Multimedia 16 x 16 Matrix Switch Chassis (500470)
- 4 Channel HDMI Input Card (500471)
- 4 Channel DVI Input Card (500472)
- 4 Channel 3G SDI Input Card (500473)
- 4 Channel VGA Input Card (500474)
- 4 Channel HDMI Output Card (500475)
- 4 Channel HDBaseT Output Card – 70m (500476)
- Replacement Power Supply Module for 500470 (500478)
- Allows up to four 4-port input modules to be switched to up to four 4-port output modules for a maximum switching capacity of 16x16
- Management via front panel controls, RS232, USB, and webserver interface
- Automatically converts all inputs to HDMI and supports transmission up to 230ft (70m) from the switch to each receiver
- HDBaseT technology
- Hot-swappable I/O cards
- Scaling from input to HDMI output
- Non-blocking switching from 4x4 to 16x16
- Input modules: HDMI (with and without stereo audio out), HD-SDI, DVI, and VGA
- Output modules: HDMI, HDBaseT, HDMI Output Card with Audio Out, Fibre
- Dual-redundant power supplies
- 5U rack height