The MuxLab Digital Audio Extender Kit (500086) is a versatile digital audio standards extender and converter*.
The product allows one (1) Digital Coax (S/PDIF), or Digital Optical (TOSLINK) source to be connected to a Digital Audio Receiver supporting either Digital Coax (S/PDIF), or Digital Optical (TOSLINK) inputs. Outputs on the 500086 receiver unit are simultaneous.
The audio transmission signal can be distributed to up to a distance of 500 ft / 150m in a point-to-point configuration over single Cat5e/6.
The extender supports most standards to transmit two channels of uncompressed lossless PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound, such as Dolby® Digital Plus or DTS-HD High Resolution Audio (multichannel digital audio Dolby Digital® 5.1, DTS, and Dolby® True HD).
* For a Digital Audio Standards Converter without extension over Cat5e/6, please see part number: 500087.
- Converts Digital Optical (TOSlink) to Digital Coax (S/PDIF), or Digital Coax (S/PDIF) to Digital Optical (TOSlink)
- Sample rate: up to 96kHz
- Bit rate: 24bit S/PDIF compressed and uncompressed bit stream
- Input (Tx): one (1) Digital Coax RCA (S/PDIF), one (1) Digital Optical (TOSlink)
- Output (Tx): one (1) RJ45
- Output: one (1) Digital Coax RCA (S/PDIF), one (1) Digital Optical (TOSlink) - outputs are simultaneous
- Input (Rx): one (1) RJ45
- Switch for selecting between S/PDIF and TOSlink inputs on source side (Tx unit)
- Power over cable - either Tx or Rx unit can be powered
- 1m Digital Optical (TOSlink) cable included
- Dimensions: 2.4" x 2.25" x 1" (61 x 57 x 25mm)
- Weight: 1lb / 0.45kg
- Manufacturers warranty: 2 years
- Power supply: 110-240V / 5V DC 0.5A with interchageable blades
- Order information: 500086